Daily Archives: April 28, 2023

The Search for Extraterrestrial Life: Exploring Mars, Europa, and Beyond?

Throughout history, humans have been intrigued by the possibility of life beyond our planet. With modern advancements in space exploration and technology, the quest for extraterrestrial life is more achievable than ever before. NASA and other space agencies have initiated numerous missions to explore our solar system and beyond in search of signs of life. […] Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off on The Search for Extraterrestrial Life: Exploring Mars, Europa, and Beyond?

Farewell, for now

I have always loved the stars, nebulae, planets, and all the space in between, but I never had a chance to seriously study them until this year. I am incredibly grateful that I was able to devote two classes (and a lab!) to learning more about the processes that govern solar system formation and how […] Continue reading

Posted in Class, Stars | Tagged , , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Farewell, for now

Where is Everybody?

The Fermi paradox is a very simple question whose answer could have massive consequences for the future of humanity: where is everybody? With equations like the Drake equation predicting a huge number of extraterrestrial civilizations, it seems odd that we have detected no signs of life outside of Earth. In this blog post, I will […] Continue reading

Posted in Aliens, Class | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Where is Everybody?

Extremophiles: Life Finds a Way in the Most Extreme Places!

Extremophiles are organisms that can survive in extreme environments where other life forms cannot. These harsh environments can have high or low temperatures, extreme pressures, high levels of radiation, and/or extreme acidity or alkalinity. Despite the inhospitable conditions, extremophiles have developed unique adaptations that allow them to survive and thrive. Did you know that three […] Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Extremophiles: Life Finds a Way in the Most Extreme Places!

Extremophiles: life finds a way

I remember first learning about extremophiles back in the sixth grade. Back then, I was fascinated by life’s ability to find a way to survive even in the ‘worst’ conditions. Now that I’m older, I am no less fascinated by these amazing organisms, their ability to thrive, and their connection to astronomy. (I only recently […] Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , , , , , , , , , | Comments Off on Extremophiles: life finds a way