Daily Archives: January 20, 2016

Introduction

Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , | Comments Off on Introduction

Chase’s Solar System blog 2016-01-20 21:47:16

(by me) Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , | Comments Off on Chase’s Solar System blog 2016-01-20 21:47:16

Blog Zero

This is my blog zero post. I hope you like the picture of me! Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , | Comments Off on Blog Zero

Aut viam

“Aut viam inveniam aut faciam” “I will either find a way or I will make one” – Hannibal Barca, before crossing the Alps with his army Continue reading

Posted in Class, Historical | Tagged , | Comments Off on Aut viam

The Cosmic Calendar

The Cosmic Calendar is truly an eye-opening visualization of the entire age of our universe. It shrinks the entire 13.8 billion years that the universe has been around into one calendar year where each second equates to a few hundred years. The birth of the human species and just how little we have been around compared […] Continue reading

Posted in Class, Galaxies, Historical, Universe | Tagged , , , , , | Comments Off on The Cosmic Calendar

<3

Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , , | Comments Off on <3

Introduction

This is a picture I took while studying abroad last fall; it’s a picture of the church I lived down the street from, during the holiday season when there was a christmas market in the square in front of it. I loved walking through this square every day and looking up at the beautiful facade. Continue reading

Introductions

Hello! My name is Michaela. One interesting thing about me is that I am in a rock band! I play keys, guitar, flute, and I sing harmonies. My band went on a national tour opening for Counting Crows in 2014, and even played the Ryman Auditorium here in Nashville! Here is a shot from the […] Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , | Comments Off on Introductions

VADL Rocket

Continue reading

Posted in Class | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on VADL Rocket

The Lunar Cycle

The moon completes it orbit around Earth every 29.5 days, creating the lunar cycle. The most interesting thing I learned from the Chapter 2 reading was that the word “month” is meant to sound like “moon” – I’m surprised I never knew the origin of the word before! As the moon orbits Earth, we are able […] Continue reading

Posted in Moons | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on The Lunar Cycle