Updated FAQ: I’m going on vacation. Can someone approve transactions on my behalf?
Users who will be out of the office can delegate approval responsibilities to another user while you are out of the office using the Worklist. Users who should consider delegation include Financial Unit Managers (for purchasing and expense transactions), Line Managers (for time cards) and Procurement Requesters (for invoice approvals).
- Click the Notifications bell.
- Select Show All.
- Click the Worklist button. Note that the worklist will open in a pop-up window – ensure that you have enabled pop-ups in your browser for Oracle Cloud.
- Once on the Worklist, click your Name in the top right corner.
- Then select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- You will then view the Vacation Period screen – click the check box for Enable vacation period.
- Enter the Start and End Dates for your vacation period rule. Note that only new items as of the date and time you specify will be delegated. Items that are already in your Worklist prior to setting your vacation period will not be re-routed.
- Select the name of the User to whom your approvals should be Delegated. You should use the Delegate to option, as this will provide the delegate with the ability to complete the task on your behalf. You should not use the Reassign option under Vanderbilt’s configuration.
- Click Save. You can then close the window.
Note that members of an approval group need not delegate their approvals to another person, as the other members of the approval group may continue to claim and approve/reject transactions in their absence.