Protocol PDF Document (version 1.2): fl
- Load the unique frontal lobe mask generated by a multi-atlas segmentation algorithm applied to the subject’s native space T1 image
- Set the tracking parameters max length(mm) to 150.0
- Copy the left and right mask twice such that you have three duplicates for both the left and right
- Set two of the left mask as an “End” region, and set the remaining left mask as a seed region. Do the same for the right mask.
- Make sure only the seed regions are checked and the end regions are unchecked. Then, dilate the seed region by right clicking the region, selecting “Modify Current Region”, then selecting “Dilation”. Dilate the seed regions three times.
- Create two ROA file (one for the left side, one for the right side) and draw three regions each file:
- on an axial slice inferior to the seed/end region
- on a coronal slice posterior to the seed/end region
- on a sagittal slice medial to the left seed/end region or on a sagittal slice medial to the right seed/end region.
- In the region list, check only the left seed/end regions and ROA regions, then perform fiber tracking. Under the tract list, make sure only the desired left tract is checked and highlighted in purple. Save region, tract, and density files.
- Uncheck the left seed/end region and check the right seed/end region and ROA region, then perform fiber tracking. Make sure only the desired right tract is checked and highlighted in purple. Save region, tract, and density files.